CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 20, 2007

Almost Done

So this is my last week of orientation. With orientation they pair you up with a nurse and you work the same schedule they do. It is great because school can only prepare you so much. The goal is to make an easier transition into being a nurse. Well this Saturday is my last day. After that I am on my own. I am a little nervous about this. There is so much to know and learn. The good thing is that I work with some pretty good nurses that I know will help me. I was talking to Ron (the guy that has been training me) and he said that he has seen nurses the first day off of orientation standing at the PIXIS (the machine that hold the medication) with trembling hands. I am going to laugh if that is me.

I found a great poem about being a nurse.

Being a nurse means...
You will never be bored.
You will always be frustrated.
You will always be surrounded by challenges.
So much to do and so little time.
You will carry immense responsibility and very little authority.
You will step into people's lives and you will make a difference.
Some will bless you. Some will curse you.
You will see people at their worst and at their best.
You will never cease to be amazed at people's capacity for
Love, courage, and endurance.
You will see life begin and end.
You will experience resounding triumphs and devastating failures.
You will cry a lot. You will laugh a lot.
You will know what it is to be human and to be humane.
~ Melodie Chenevert


0 comments: